Personally Identifiable InformationThe TEPC does not collect Personally Identifiable Information from you without your express knowledge and permission. If we do collect Personally Identifiable Information from you, it shall be submitted by you voluntarily and may include such information as your name, address, email address, phone number, interests, and credit card information.
We may use your Personally Identifiable Information to contact you for administrative or informational purposes, to allow you to engage in activities available on the TEPC website, or to benefit from services offered on the website. Such purposes, activities and services may include:
- Engaging in activist activities;
- Participating in blogs, chats, or forums;
- Receiving email alerts;
- Processing online donations;
- Collecting membership information;
- Distributing informational materials, newsletters, and other publications;
- Placing orders for merchandise and other transactions;
- Responding to questions or requests.
If you prefer not to be contacted by the TEPC, you may opt out by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (505) 340-6319, or by postal mail at P.O. Box 2468, Corrales, New Mexico 87048.
The TEPC may invite our website users to participate in blogs, chats, and/or forums that we manage. By submitting information to us regarding these communication venues, you give us permission to manage the content including editing it or removing it if we find the content to be inappropriate or outdated. Further, we consider such communication venues to be public and you should therefore have no expectation of privacy or confidentiality.
The TEPC may receive comments, photographs, personal stories, and other information from our website visitors that we may find appropriate to post to our website. However, we will not make any posting of such material until we have received the expressed consent of the individual who contributed it.
The TEPC is not responsible for e-mails that our website users forward to other individuals and which may contain the Personally Identifiable Information of such users.
If, at any time, you would like to be removed from any or all of TEPC email lists, you can unsubscribe by following the instructions at the bottom of any of our emails, replying to one our emails with “unsubscribe” in the heading it, by contacting us by email at email@example.com, or by phone at (505) 340-6319.
Disclosure of Personally Identifiable InformationThe Personally Identifiable Information of TEPC members and others who have transacted business with our organization shall not be disclosed, rented, or traded to third parties except under the following circumstances:
(1) We may engage third parties contractually to help us administer the TEPC website. Circumstances may necessitate occasionally that we provide these parties access to Personally Identifiable Information to engage in such activities as conducting advocacy activities, providing customer service, processing credit card transactions, facilitating fundraising activities, marketing, and managing membership lists. The third parties shall be required to maintain the confidentiality and security of the Personally Identifiable Information, and use such information solely for its intended purpose.
(2) We may disclose Personally Identifiable Information if required to do so by law or we believe, in good faith, that the disclosure of such information is necessary to conform to applicable law; or to protect the rights, safety, and property of our organization or other entities or individuals.
(3) Should the TEPC ever file for bankruptcy, or have its assets consolidated or merged with, or sold to, another entity, Personally Identifiable Information shall be treated as TEPC assets and may be transferred as part of any such transactions.
Update Personal Information
If you wish to review, change, update, or delete your Personally Identifiable Information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at (505) 340-6319, or by postal mail at P.O. Box 2468, Corrales, New Mexico 87048. We will take reasonable steps necessary to verify your identity before granting access to your Personally Identifiable Information in order to protect your privacy and security.
Children Ages 13 and Under
The TEPC is highly concerned about the safety and privacy of children online and shall make every effort necessary to comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act and its corresponding regulations. The TEPC does not knowingly collect, maintain, or use any Personally Identifiable Information from children under thirteen (13) years of age (minor child). If you are a parent or guardian who discovers that your minor child has provided Personally Identifiable Information to the TEPC, we ask that you contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone at (505) 340-6319, or by postal mail at P.O. Box 2468, Corrales, New Mexico 87048 so that we can take action to remove such information from our records. Upon our own discovery that a minor child has submitted Personally Identifiable Information to the TEPC, we shall take action to remove such information from our records.
If you are concerned with privacy, you may set your website browser to remove, block, or disable cookies. However, use of such settings may limit the functionality of a website’s use.
The TEPC helps insure the secure collection and transmission of sensitive user information by using industry accepted data collection and encryption methodologies. While we use all means reasonable to safeguard the privacy of your Personally Identifiable Information, data transmissions over the Internet or any other public network are never one hundred percent (100%) secure. As such, we cannot warrant that the Personally Identifiable Information that you share with us online is wholly protected. If the TEPC learns of a security systems breach, we will take action necessary to notify our website users by contacting them personally by email or by posting a message on our website. If you have concerns about transmitting your Personally Identifiable Information to us online, you can also share such information by contacting us by phone (505) 340-6319 or by postal mail at P.O. Box 2468, Corrales, New Mexico 87048.
Tribal Environmental Policy Center
P.O. Box 2468
Corrales, New Mexico 87048
Phone: (505) 340-6319
Copyright © 2014 Tribal Environmental Policy Center