Use of website materials
The TEPC maintains this Site to inform and educate you about Indian Tribes and their efforts to protect, manage, and regulate environmental, energy, and natural resources based on their own values and priorities. Except for submissions made by users, all materials on the Site, including, but not limited to, audio clips, artwork, data, graphics, logos, maps, photographs, and video clips (collectively, “Content”) are the property of the TEPC, its contributors, or its licensors. The Content is protected by copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property laws. If a restriction has been placed on the Site regarding any specific Content, you shall not be allowed to copy, display, distribute, download, modify, repost, reproduce, reuse, transmit, or otherwise use the Content, absent written authorization by the TEPC. To request such an authorization, please send a message to the TEPC via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org and include your full name and title, organization, postal address, phone number, e-mail address, and the Site location and description of the Content for which you are requesting authorization. The TEPC reserves the right to refuse any request for written authorization.
Absent any restrictions on Content by the TEPC, you may copy, distribute, or reproduce the Content if (1) the Content is reproduced in its original form with no additions, deletions, or other modifications; (2) you attribute ownership of the Content to the TEPC; (3) you indicate in a statement that copies of the Content were reproduced with permission of the Tribal Environmental Policy Center; (4) you attach the following notice to the copied Content, “© 2014 Tribal Environmental Policy Center, All Rights Reserved; (5) the copied Content is distributed for educational and/or policy purposes; (6) the copied Content is distributed at no charge; and (7) you do not use the Content in any manner that violates the contract rights, copyrights, privacy rights, trademark rights, and any other rights belonging to the TEPC or a third party. Your action to copy, distribute, or reproduce the Content does not constitute or imply any endorsement by the TEPC.
The Tribal Environmental Policy Council name, the related acronym “TEPC,” and the TEPC logo are protected trademarks, service marks, and logos (Marks) of the TEPC. Any use of these Marks require the written authorization of the TEPC which may be obtained via e-mail at email@example.com and providing your full name and title, organization, postal address, phone number, e-mail address, and the purpose for use of the Mark(s). Unauthorized use of any Mark may be a violation of federal and/or state law.
Claims for Copyright Infringement
If you own a copyrighted material that you believe has been infringed by the TEPC through our distribution, posting, or reproduction of it on our Site, please send us a notice via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via postal mail at P.O. Box 2468, Corrales, New Mexico 87048. In your notice, please provide the following information:
- Your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- Detailed description of the copyrighted material that has been allegedly infringed and its location on the Site;
- A statement that you have a good-faith belief that use of the copyrighted material allegedly infringed is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement that you swear, under penalty of perjury, that affirms the information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the copyright owner or an individual authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf concerning the copyrighted material that is allegedly infringed.
You may be liable for damages, including costs and attorneys’ fee, if you misrepresent purposefully that your copyrighted material has been infringed by the TEPC.
Limitation of Liability
Information on the Site, including images, text, software, products, services, and links, and information of any third party websites for which a link is provided through the Site, are provided “as is” by the TEPC. To the fullest extent of the law, we disclaim all warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of (1) merchantability; (2) fitness for a particular purpose; (3) non-infringement; (4) informational content accuracy, correctness, or reliability; (5) a virus-free website; or (6) a website compatible with any particular hardware of software platform. The preceding warranty disclaimer shall apply to the fullest extent permitted by law.
Third Party Sites
Linking to our Site
The TEPC invites your organization to link to our Site with the following caveats:
(1) The organization and/or its website must not harm or diminish the mission of the TEPC.
(2) The organization’s link to our Site should not be treated, explicitly or implicitly, as an endorsement or sponsorship by the TEPC of that organization or its website.
(3) The TEPC does not support links to the websites of any organization that promotes discrimination based on, but not limited to, color, disability, familial status, gender, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation; pornography; or illegal activities.
(4) The organization should inform the TEPC if it adds a link to our Site via e-mail at email@example.com.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password. You should never provide your account information to another individual or entity, and you should never use the account of another individual. If you suspect that your account information has been stolen or that unauthorized use of your account has occurred, you must notify the TEPC immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org. The TEPC assumes no liability for unauthorized use of your account or for any damage or loss arising from such use.
This Site may include bulletin boards, discussion groups, listservs, and/or message boards (hereinafter "Forums”) to allow users of our Site to interact with the TEPC and other users. The TEPC does not control the content or files communicated or delivered to these Forums.
You may submit information to the Site including, without limitation, artwork, audio clips, data, graphics, logos, maps, photographs, and video clips (hereinafter “Submission”). With your Submission, you:
- Represent and warrant that your Submission is your original work, or the original work of another who has consented to its use;
- Represent and warrant that your Submission shall not infringe upon or violate any laws criminal or civil, agreement or rights of any kind, of any third party, without limitation, rights affecting contract, copyright, defamation, patent, privacy, trademark, or any other rights;
- Agree that your Submission is for public consumption, and that it may be collected and used by third parties; and
- Grant to the TEPC an irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to adapt, copy, create derivative works of, display, distribute, download, modify, publish, redistribute, repost, reproduce, reuse, translate, transmit, or otherwise use your Submission, or any portion thereof, in perpetuity.
The TEPC does not endorse any Submission or Forums including any advice, opinion, or recommendations, and the TEPC disclaims expressly any and all liability in connection with Submissions and Forums.
Type of Submitted Information Accepted
You agree that you shall not distribute or facilitate distribution of, post, submit, transmit, or upload any Submission or information to Forums that:
- Involves or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise violate any law;
- Libels, defames, harasses, intimidates, or invades the privacy of a third party;
- Abuses, harasses, intimidates, or victimizes an individual or group of individuals based on color, disability, familial status, gender, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation;
- Consists of any obscene, pornographic, tortious, vulgar, or otherwise objectionable material of any kind;
- Infringes on the intellectual property rights or other rights of any person or entity, including, without limitation, contract rights, copyrights, patent rights, service marks, trademarks, or other proprietary rights of a third party;
- Involves unauthorized advertising, solicitation of funds or petitions for signatures of any kind, sales of goods or services, or disseminates any chain letters, contest information, junk or bulk e-mail, spam mail, schemes, or surveys;
- Contains false, deceptive, inaccurate, or misleading information;
- Contains corrupted files, viruses, worms, or other computer related materials (e.g., code, files, or programs) that are designed or intended to damage or disrupt any hardware, software, or telecommunications equipment of the TEPC, or any other third party;
- Gains or attempts to gain unauthorized access to the Site website, or any account, computer system, or network connected to the Site, by means such as hacking or password mining;
- Impersonates any person or entity including, without limitation, a TEPC employee, director, officer, agent, contractor, or representative, or falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with a third party;
- Knowingly collects or solicits Personally Identifiable Information from users of the Site including minors (anyone under 18 years of age) and third parties; or
- Restricts or inhibits any user, in the sole judgment of the TEPC, from using or enjoying the Site.
Removal of Submitted Information
You agree, at your own expense, to defend, hold harmless, and indemnify the TEPC, its employees, directors, officers, agents, contractors, or other representatives from any claims, complaints, damages, demands, expenses, losses, or obligations under, arising out of, or in connection with:
- Your use and access to the Site;
- Your violation of any third party right, including, without limitation, contract rights, copyrights, privacy rights, trademark rights, and any other rights; and
- Your Submission to the Site.
Tribal Environmental Policy Center
P.O. Box 2468
Corrales, New Mexico 87048
Phone: (505) 340-6319
Copyright © 2014 Tribal Environmental Policy Center